Peter Siebold is an Aeronautical Engineer, Experimental Test Pilot, and Flight Test Engineer at Scaled Composites, LLC. Pete holds a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering from California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo and has been working at Scaled since 1996. Pete is a Design Engineer specializing in Avionics and Data Acquisition Design and Development. He was responsible for the development of the Simulator, Avionics/Navigation System, and Ground Control System for the SpaceShipOne Program.
- 17 years of flight experience
- 2000 hours in 35 different fixed wing aircraft
- Holds FAA Commercial ASEL, AMEL, Commercial Glider, instrument airplane certificates
- Holds FAA Flight Instructor ASEL, AMEL, instrument airplane certificates
- Member of the Aircraft Owners’ and Pilots’ Association
- Member of Experimental Aircraft Association
- Associate Member of The Society of Experimental Test Pilots
- Participated in the flight testing of the following:
- VisionAire Vantage Model 247 prototype
- Proteus Model 281 prototype
- Adam Model 309 prototype
- Toyota TAA-1 prototype
- Scaled Model 318 White Knight
- Scaled Model 316 SpaceShipOne
Biography written during the time of the Tier One program.