Facility Maintenance Technician
Performs a variety of skilled maintenance and construction tasks on buildings and grounds. The successful candidate will, under limited supervision, perform the upkeep of buildings and equipment. Will work either independently or with other Facility personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. Will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness, be responsible for the upkeep of buildings, and do related work as required. Works under the supervision of the Facility Maintenance Lead.
Minimum Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• At least 3 years of recent experience in commercial building maintenance, including but not limited to experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics, and basic electrical repair
• Effective communication skills (both written and verbal); includes the ability to follow general and detailed verbal and written instructions; ability to read and interpret documents and drawings and write detailed reports
• Knowledge of common tools, materials, equipment and methods used in carpentry, roofing, electrical, plumbing, painting and masonry trades
• Proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts
• Ensure safety standards are used in compliance with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines
• Post-secondary education and/or technical trade certificate
• Willingness to learn and apply new methods of building maintenance and repair
• Ability to complete work in a timely manner while paying close attention to all details
• Proven safety record with the ability to identify safety issues and take corrective action
• Ability to effectively manage time by appropriately prioritizing work
• Willingness to work cooperatively with others to accomplish work goals and tasks
• Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relations with employees and customers
• Demonstrated experience in maintenance on a variety of commercial buildings
Essential Job Functions:
• Standing/walking 90% of the day
• Repeated lifting up to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
• Occasional lifting up to 200 lbs. with assistance
• Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs.
• Lifting overhead 10-15 lbs.
• Crawling/stooping several times per week
• Working from ladders or scaffolding, climbing ladders and steps several times per week
Please apply by the end of business on Thursday, September 25, 2014.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability and drug and alcohol free workplace