Scaled Composites is currently seeking full time and temporary Composite Fabricators. This position involves working from engineering drawings to fabricate prototype hardware. Background in woodworking, metalworking or composites a plus, but hands-on experience with good mechanical aptitude is needed. Additional training will be provided to those hired who meet minimum qualifications. Must be able to work in a fast-paced R&D environment and team atmosphere.
+Proof of U.S. Citizenship Required.
Essential job functions are:
• Standing 95% of the day, sometimes 8.5 – 12 hours per day
• Frequent stooping, bending, stretching and working in cramped spaces
• Occasional lifting 50+ lbs.
• Occasional pushing of heavy tools and tables (75-100 + lbs., with assistance)
• Manual dexterity to handle small parts, tools and to manipulate cloth to various shapes using pressure.
• Must be able to pass and maintain ‘pass’ status on OSHA-approved Pulmonary Fitness Test (PFT)
• Varied work surfaces / environments, included but not limited to working in a busy shop environment, cold room, or in /on aircraft structures.
• Will be working closely with chemicals, epoxy resin systems, foam product, fiberglass and carbon fiber.
• Will need to be able to read and understand MSDS
• Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as instructed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.